The longer we are all stuck at home, the longer we are taking up new hobbies like baking, watching television shows en masse, and other things we’ve never had the time for before. Also, baking so much means needing more ingredients and more trips to the grocery store.
Some people have found a way around that though, as grocery stores are not the best places you want to be right now. It’s simple. When you want to cook or bake something, just choose a recipe with a few ingredients or look to the Internet for a simplified recipe for your favorite treat.
The latest viral sensation on the social media application TikTok is a creme brulee recipe, and it only includes three ingredients. Creme Brulee is more commonly known as a European dessert that consists of a yellow custard with a layer of burned or carmelized sugar topping on top which is served in a ramekin dish.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- First, you need to melt 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream, preferably in a microwave for about thirty seconds to one minute, continuing in intervals of thirty seconds until the ice cream is fully melted.
- Next, take on egg and separate the egg white from the egg yolk. You can save the egg white for later to use in another recipe. Simply drop the egg yolk into the melted ice cream and whisk everything until it’s fully blended.
- Then pour the blended mixture into a ramekin dish. Place a small plate with water, and then put the ramekin dish inside the plate, so the bottom of the ramekin is submerged in the water and the top is not.
- Place the ramekin dish in the oven and bake it at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Then carefully remove the ramekin from the oven. The mixture should still jiggle a bit when touched. Cover the ramekin with plastic and refrigerate for two hours.
- Pour a tablespoon of sugar into a saucepan and cook it on medium-high heat so it begins to carmelize. Then remove the pan from the heat and pour the sugar over the ramekin to give it that carmelized topping.