Another day, another recipe. Baking is slowly becoming a daily activity in many households around the world, and Disney is adding a bit of magic to that process. Disney Parks may be closed, but the delicious treats you can get in the parks, you can now make in your own kitchen, thanks to Disney releasing the recipes online.
This time, Disney has released a fan-favorite recipe, and one that fuses two super popular foods together for a sweet treat. This recipe makes Disney’s amazing chocolate chip cookie fries. Long and thin, and shaped like french fries, these fries are filled with chocolate chips and taste like chocolate chip cookies. Your eyes may be confused but your mouth won’t be!
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus one tablespoon plant-based margarine, softened
- 7 tablespoons warm water
- 5 tablespoons liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Combine flour, powdered sugar and plant-based margarine in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine warm water and egg substitute. Add egg substitute and molasses to mixer. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Place in an 8-by-8-inch pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cut into 32 strips that are 1/4-inch wide and 4 inches long. Place 16 strips on each baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, until crunchy.
- Serve with your favorite plant-based chocolate, strawberry and marshmallow dipping sauces.
Keep in mind that this recipe can also be adapted to be made with more traditional ingredients if you don’t want to go dairy-free. However, finding dairy and sugar substitutes these days is rather easy.
Any dipping sauces you want as well you can make while these chocolate chip cookie fries are baking in the oven!